CHARITIES & COMMUNITIES WE SUPPORT
AS AN AMBITIOUS AND GROWING COMPANY IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO FORGET OUR ROOTS AND THE COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE HELPED US EVOLVE TO THIS POINT. THEREFORE WE ARE PROUD TO WORK WITH A NUMBER OF LOCAL GROUPS AND CHARITIES TO GIVE BACK TO OUR LOCAL AREA.
SOME OF THE COMMUNITY GROUPS AND CHARITIES WE SUPPORT INCLUDE:
The 1881 Movement: Run by the fans, for the fans at Watford FC, the 1881's goal is to improve the match day experience at Vicarage Road through singing, banners, flags and more. Their bar, The Bunker, is open for season ticket holders before and after matches and proudly stocks both $UMO and Zealous, with all profits going back into funding the movement's activities to keep the soul in Premier League football.
HWBIDCo: A BID (Business Improvement District) is not for profit organisation that represents the local business and communities and works to promote and improve a defined area – In this case, High Wycombe town centre. HWBIDCo is governed by a Board of directors and funded by a levy from BID businesses. This money is then reinvested in local projects and events within High Wycombe town centre. We have supported the efforts of HWBIDCo since 2016 through various schemes and projects, most notably through the sponsorship and co-organisation of Frogfest community festival every May. We also work with local BIDCo's in St. Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
DENS and Dacorum Foodbank: DENs are a charity focusing on tackling homelessness and poverty within the district of Dacorum. They do this by running a 44 bed hostel for temporary and short term accommodation, social enterprise and back to work schemes, day centres and more, they also co-run the Dacorum Foodbank in partnership with the Trussel Trust.
We have supported DENS for the last few years through a number of inititatives including fundraiser brewery tours, beer sales at events (such as the annual Hemel Hillbusters charity bike ride), raffle prize donations, and the brewing of a charity beer.
Amersham Action Group: The Amersham Action Group acts as an independent forum for the consideration, promotion and facilitation of initiatives for the social, economic and environmental benefit of Amersham on the Hill and the immediate surrounding areas.
We continue to support Amersham Action Group through various initiatives including the Amersham Summer Festival.
The Royal British Legion: The country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 235,000 members, 110,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; giving support wherever and whenever it’s needed, to those who have served and continue to serve to protect our country.
We support the RBL through the selling of poppies across all our establishments in the run up to armistice day, through working with several branches on events and through the brewing of a charity beer.
The Hospice of St. Francis: The Hospice of St. Francis has been serving the Berkhamsted community for 40 years by providing care with dignity and respect to those living with a serious illness and their loved ones. We have supported The Hospice of St. Francis through various fundraising events, particularly those held at our Berkhamsted taproom.
Rennie Grove: Rennie Grove Hospice Care is a charity providing specialist care and support for adults and children with a life-limiting illness in Bucks and west Herts. Through their unique Hospice at Home service and a range of day services they support patients to live the best quality life they can, with a choice about how and where they are cared for towards the end of life. We have supported Rennie Grove through various fundraising activities an events.
OUR CHARITY POLICY
WE ARE PROUD TO SUPPORT A NUMBER OF CHARITIES ACROSS A RANGE OF CAUSES. WE RECEIVE A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR CHARITABLE SUPPORT ON A DAILY BASIS AND SO IN ORDER TO BE FAIR WE HAVE INITIATED A CHARITY POLICY.
- All charity requests of any size are handled at head office and requests need to be made via email email@example.com. Requests made through other channels, such as directly to our taprooms, will not be considered.
- We will prioritise requests from existing customers and requests that will help charities operating within the Herts & Bucks area.
- Members of the public holding a private fundraising event for a charity must provide us with a letter from said charity stating this to be the case. Regrettably we cannot support all applications.
- Unless otherwise agreed our support will continue to be through either the free or discounted issue of product and, where possible, the marketing of your event.
- We receive a huge number of requests and cannot support all causes, if we decline to support please do not take it personally.
- In many cases we are involved directly with charities, especially local ones, although it is more common for us to be the supplier of beer for events that have a fundraising agenda. It is very rare for us to make financial contributions to the support of charities, unless it is money raised from beer sales through an event/project we have been a part of.