What to expect:
45 minute, in-depth, tour covering process to finished product
1/3 pint (x4) of Mad Squirrel beer to enjoy through the tour
Handmade pizza, baked to perfection, with fresh local ingredients
Bar and shop open throughout the tour for more drinks, takeaways and merchandise
Coming on a Tour? Details you need to know:
Buy purchasing a ticket for a brewery tour you are agreeing that you and your group members have read and understood the following:
- We do not send out physical tickets for the tours. Please bring a print out of your confirmation email with you, or have the email ready on your phone to be viewed by a member of staff when checking in.
- We recommend you allow around 2 and a half hours in total including the time for the tour and time in the taproom to drink your beers and have your pizza.
- Please arrive atleast 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
- Not all pizzas will come out at the same time.
- If you have special dietary requirements for your pizza you need to let us know at least a week in advance of your tour. We can accommodate vegan pizzas and gluten free pizza bases, we cannot accommodate wheat free pizzas at this time. We use pine nuts as one of our pizza toppings and so we would not recommend those with a serious nut allergy eat with us. We cannot offer any other type of food apart from pizzas and garlic bread.
- Drinks can be taken into the actual brewery, although no glass is allowed in and so it will have to be decanted into a plastic cup first.
- 2 x Soft drinks can be had instead of the 4 x third pints of beer. Cider can be consumed instead of beer, but we cannot offer wine or gin instead of the 4 x thirds, these can be purchased separately in the taproom. Drinks tokens for the tour cannot be exchanged for bottles or cans to take away or be used in any other Mad Squirrel locations.
- There is no seating usually available during the tour of the brewery. If you require seating for ability reasons, please let your tour guide know before the tour starts and we will bring one into the brewery for you. There is ample seating available in the taproom.
- The taproom is wheelchair accessible, elements of the brewery are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware not all of the site is. Disabled toilets are available.
- Under 18’s are not allowed on brewery tours, but well-behaved children are allowed in the taproom when accompanied by adults.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed on brewery tours but well-behaved dogs, on leads, are welcome in the taproom. Assistance dogs are allowed on brewery tours.
- There is ample parking available at the brewery, but vehicles are not allowed to be left overnight. The brewery is a short taxi ride from Hemel Hempstead town centre or train station, or Berkhamsted town centre or train station.
- Please wear flat, comfortable, closed toe shoes for the tour. Breweries do not come with central heating and so the temperature on the tour will be similar to the temperature outside. If it’s cold, we recommend keeping your coat on! There is heating in the taproom.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into the brewery for a tour if it is deemed individuals are heavily intoxicated. Likewise, we reserve the right to refuse service in the taproom at staff discretion.
- The taproom is open throughout the tour and after for purchase of Mad Squirrel products to either drink on site or takeaway. On Saturdays, last orders will be called at 5:30, time will be called at 5:45 and you will need to be off site by 6:15pm when the farm gate automatically closes.
- Drinks are allowed outside on our terrace, but open drinks are not allowed into the carpark or any other part of the farm. We kindly request that customers do not walk around other areas of the farm.
- We have nearby residential neighbours and so we kindly ask that whenever you visit us, please leave quietly.
- We cannot offer refunds on brewery tour tickets.
- If you book for a tour and then will not be able to make it, please let us know as early as possible. We can try to accommodate your requirements and move you onto another tour at a later date. (Please be aware, dates can only be re-arranged once per booking)
- Any cancellation made more than 7 working days prior to the tour date and do not wish to re-arrange, we can offer you a gift card of the value spent. These gift cards are only redeemable in our taprooms.
- If you cancel within 7 working days before the tour, you will not be eligible for a refund or gift card.